Looking for 2 Hens

KaylaWheeler

Hatching
Jan 11, 2023
Hi! Do I have anyone around the Fargo, ND area who is willing to part ways with two hens? We recently lost our hens and our Dark Brahma Roo is solo. Hens can be done laying. Willing to pay and travel. We do have young kids 5 and under so prefer docile hens. Thank You!

Hi, so sorry for your loss. Kudos on the idea of caring for retired hens :) very kind of you.

You'll get more views if you put the area in the title. You can also post in your state thread so more people in your area find you. Last suggestion... Gosh, if you put pics of your (I am sure he is) gorgeous roo & cozy coop, you'll reassure the current mom about giving you her babies :)

All the best to you and your new flock :) if I were closer I'd share mine with you, they would be delighted to be somewhere with a boy in the house (I am in a 🐓 free area :( )

I wish I could help you, however I live too far away (I have 3 hens going on 9 years old). I would like to suggest you could also get another rooster as a companion. Roosters can be kept together fairly peacefully without any hens around, I've had success with that! I have an Orpington rooster who's been housed with other roosters a few times, even though he had been exposed to hens in the past.
Just a suggestion, the retired hens is a great idea too!

Back
Top Bottom