Looking for a CHEESE CURD recipe!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Farmer Kitty, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Does anyone have a recipe for Cheese Curds?

Now that the garden is done I'm ready to try making cheese. I love cheese curds but, the factory's is always so salty (we use salt very sparingly around here).

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html
    This guy keeps it very simple.
    I bought a book on cheese making and it has scared me to death! I think I need to talk to Miss Prissy about all this. She has great recipes for cheeses and yougurts and all that stuff, Some one out there got a link on Miss Prissy? for this BYCer?

3. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    on your browser - type in :fermented foods that you can make yourself

that web site has all kinds of resources/recipes for making cheese,wine,beer,etc,etc.

4. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
  5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for the links. I've read Miss P's reciepes and there are a couple I'm going to try.

I've never made cheese before either. Funny when you think about it. Over 20 years of dairy farming and the milk has all gone for cheese and yet I know very little about the process.

PeeperKeeper-If you go to the Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes category you will find a recipe index stickied. Miss P's recipes are in there as well as many others that have been posted on this site. I checked a book out of the library on cheese making and it scared me. I put it down and returned it. I will work with the recipes I can get from here and BYCows, at least until I know a little more about it!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by