Looking for a chicken`n`dumpling recipe

I get rave reveiws for my dumplins and i can make homemade but this way is so easy.
I bake a nice fat chicken and after it is nice and brown I pour up the broth in a dutch oven or larger size boiler. I add approximately a quart of water to broth. I buy a large pack of Flour tortillas from the store and cut them into strips. Bring the broth and water to boil and turn down on med. Add the strips of tortillas one layer on top of water at a time and press them into the liquid then add more till all are in there. Add a can of condensed cream of chicken soup. Stir gently for a few minutes then turn off and leave covered for 10 mins. Sometimes I add a chopped boiled egg and some of the cooked chicken to it. Salt and pepper to taste.

Hey, guess I'm lazy when it comes to making dumplings, i buy them from wal-mart, or piggley wiggley already cut and rolled, in the frozen food dept. i break each dumpling in about 3 pieces and drop them in the boiling chicken broth & chicken i use leftover fried chicken, or boil fresh,remove from bones and add onion and lot of black pepper. I hate rolling dumplings and since i found these, i get all kind of comment at Church get togethers about my chicken & dumplings.

Mother to 24 RIR's ,1pit bull, 1poodle mix,1yorkie, and 1 cat

Sorry, but I use the Bisquick recipe. DH and I love it, picky kids don't even know what's GOOD.

This is a really good way to pump up leftovers. I turn all meat leftovers into a stew and throw dumplings on top. Yummy, warm, fast & cheap.

Back
Top Bottom