Looking for a few bantam pullets in CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RachelFromTheBlackLagoon, May 11, 2010.

1. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

RachelFromTheBlackLagoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    I'm looking for mille fleur d'uccle, bantam easter egger, and bantam Cochin pullets or hens in or around CT.

2. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Quote:I have 7 Lavender bantam Ameraucanas. I'm in Walden NY 12586 I just checked, you're about 2 hrs away. Depending on how many you would like I could meet you in Danbury if that helps.
    Joanne

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    Thanks for your response! How old are they and are you certain there are some ladies in the bunch?

4. BonnieJean

BonnieJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Connecticut
    Hi Rachel! I'm also in CT and I got 3 mille fleur d'uccles from Paul at Stonewall Farming right over the line on Mass (http://www.stonewallfarming.com). He was super nice, and because they were a few weeks old the coloring on the males and females was a little different. I got them a few weeks ago and they are gorgeous and so sweet! Good luck [​IMG]

5. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    Wonderful!!! Thank you so much for that tip! Did he have many of them when you went? I sent an email, so phalanges crossed!!!

6. BonnieJean

BonnieJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Connecticut
    He didn't have that many, but it was about a month and a half ago and he may have hatched more since then. I haven't e-mailed him recently, but when I did he got back to me quickly, so it shouldn't be long before you hear back from him. BTW... do you happen to know anyone in the area who sells standard sized cochin frizzles? I've been looking without any luck and can't make it to the chicken stock this weekend [​IMG] It's a long shot, but worth asking!

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    You just need to come to our Chickenstock this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! We have tons of birds!!!!!
    Joyryder's birds are from John Blehm (sp) line - they are VERY nice birds!!!!!

8. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    To be honest with you I can't find anything except RIR, Leghorns, Comets, etc. Frustrating!

I can't make it this weekend [​IMG] I have stuff going on. Hopefully next time!!!

9. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:I have a couple of bantam ee pullets for sale. they are still chicks, they are about 1 month old.

10. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    Nice! Very interested! I'm only looking for one because I am determined to find a Cochin and a d'Uccle! Do you think you'd be available/still have one next weekend?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by