Looking for a food that doesn't make their poo stink

Thanks for all the replies. I may try FF in the future, do you just leave it at room temperature while it ferments?

The food they are eating has pellets of alfalfa in it. Maybe that is what has helped. they are also in a chicken tractor, so get fresh forage daily.

They are 6 weeks old at this point. Maybe in the future if I try to go to pellets or something, I will get some pelleted alfalfa (saw some at TSC) and mix in with it, to see if that helps.

I am liking the difference in their feather quality with them eating animal protein vs plant protein. I really want to like Countryside Naturals, I tried to like it with my first batch of hens, but same thing, nobody wanted to eat the powder.

sigh.

Are you feeding crumbles? If they are ignoring the powder, that is where most of the nutritional additives are. You are not being a meanie to force them to eat the powder.

Try feeding them a only what they will eat in 24 hours so they have to clean up the powder each day.

I ferment my feed right in my barn. In SC I can ferment year round. But, any one living in a colder climate would have to take the fermenting feed inside where it is warmer.

Back
Top Bottom