Looking for a French Black Copper Maran rooster for breeding

vicent007

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking for a French Black Copper Maran rooster for breeding because the one I have all of the sudden death, prefer age 14+ weeks because my girls are 14 weeks now, I'm living in Shrewsbury, MA, will pick up near around if you have one that have to rehomed, really appreciate.

Feng

Attachments

• maran.jpg
    maran.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry for your loss. :(

I suggest checking Craigslist farm and garden section. That is where I often see cockerels available and in Marans at that.

Other than that you can always order 1 from a hatchery and avoid possibly bringing illness, disease, or parasites to your place over getting from a random Joe.

Really, I would want to know why the first 1 passed before trying to replace them and making sure that whatever it was isn't in the process of taking out the rest. If you still have the body, refrigerate and send for necropsy if you can. It is free or affordable in many states. Links to help if you go that route...
How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy

State poultry labs

I see your location in your post... but adding it to your profile will help peeps make the best suggestions possible at a glance.

Marans were a fantastic breed to work with when I had them! :love

Best wishes finding a boy that fits well with your flock! :fl

Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry for your loss. :(

I suggest checking Craigslist farm and garden section. That is where I often see cockerels available and in Marans at that.

Other than that you can always order 1 from a hatchery and avoid possibly bringing illness, disease, or parasites to your place over getting from a random Joe.

Really, I would want to know why the first 1 passed before trying to replace them and making sure that whatever it was isn't in the process of taking out the rest. If you still have the body, refrigerate and send for necropsy if you can. It is free or affordable in many states. Links to help if you go that route...
How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy

State poultry labs

I see your location in your post... but adding it to your profile will help peeps make the best suggestions possible at a glance.

Marans were a fantastic breed to work with when I had them! :love

Best wishes finding a boy that fits well with your flock! :fl
Hi, thank you for your very professional reply, I found out that he died in the chicken coop in the morning. I believe there was no disease. He looks very good the night before. I guess it could be cardiac arrest, however, I buried him immediately that morning. I'm trying to get another one on Craigslist, thank you for your suggestion.

Best wishes,
Feng

Back
Top Bottom