Looking for a incubator

michaelpte

Hatching
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
Demotte IN
I am looking for a used incubator. I am looking for more of a standard one more than a commercial one and with a egg turner as well. Please let me know if anyone has one and is looking to get rid of it.
big_smile.png

I would take a commercial one if the price is right though.

I would suggest getting a new incubator, there are all sorts of things that can go wrong with used incubators.

1) Cleanliness, a used incubator has a higher risk of contaminating the eggs with bacteria
2) I have seen people pay big money for an incubator that worked "perfectly" then you end up spending so much on new parts you might aswell have bought a new one

You might check out some of the home-made designs under "coop designs" above. I never thought I could make my own but after looking at those, decided to give it a shot. I had previously obtained an Omaha Steaks cooler from someone off Freecycle. About 3 weeks ago, DH and I made the incubator from that and other materials WE ALREADY HAD AROUND THE HOUSE! (I used to keep reptiles so already had thermostat, thermometer etc.) I am picking up my first set of hatching eggs this weekend, so yesterday got it all set up and turned on. Left it on all night so temps/humidity could stabilize and checked it first thing when I got up this morning and both temp and humidity are PERFECT. Now I finally feel I'm ready to get those eggs and try this new venture out. Anyway, if I can do it, I'm sure you can too
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom