1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a list of Temp,Humidity, And Incubation period for most bird species.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by guineafowlguy, Mar 12, 2013.

1. guineafowlguy

guineafowlguy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    I got an cabinet incubator that holds 150 eggs and such.

Ever since i bought it it has been full of chicken eggs.

Soon other birds are going to be laying. But not enough for me to fill up the bator. So i will have to hatch them along side with my chickens. I was wanting to know what birds i could do that with.

I know i can do it with turkeys and guinea's. Hopefully my turkey hen starts laying soon.

I need some more lurkeys :)

What about ducks geese peacocks and others?

Is there an online list of all birds and specs of how to hatch them?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. guineafowlguy

Jan 9, 2013
    Oops I forgot a question.

And what months do the birds typical lay.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. guineafowlguy

Jan 9, 2013
    That was almost perfect :)

Gave me days, temps, stop turning days.

Although i don't know that i agree with the humidity's.

It said 85 humidity for chicks. Isn't that a little high? I incubate my chicks at 50 humidity.

it said humidity (wet bulb) So that must be different than humidity %.

Ill have to look it up.

Thanks that will help a lot though [​IMG]

4. maryhysong

maryhysong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Claypool, Arizona
    there are two kinds of humidity readings; wet bulb and relative. You can actually use a regular mercury thermometer and make a wet bulb; takes a container of water and a wick which you wrap around the tip of the thermometer. As the water evaporates it cools the wick just a bit so you get a different reading between wet bulb (humidity) and dry bulb (temperature). Lots of old hatching instructions give humidity as a wet bulb measurement.

The other measure is relative humidity. That is the % we are used to seeing on the weather forecast and such. That is the reading you get with the new digital hygrometers too. I know there's a way to calculate relative from wetbulb, but I don't know what it is.

5. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    If you do a search you should be able to find a chart that will tell you the difference. But really all the humiditys seemed about the same, so I would just do what you do for the chicken eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by