Looking for a little insight on what I possibly did wrong...

Mumpy

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 14, 2014
I recently purchased 120 Chukar offline and incubated them. After day 10 I candled them and knew right away that there was going to be a low hatch rate because there were about 40 of them that didn't seem to be fertilized (Bright Yellow, no heart beat)

Anyway,

What bothers me the most is I had about 20 Eggs that didn't hatch and about two of those were bad eggs, the rest had Chicks in them. So what caused a chick to fully develop and then die there at the end?

Based off the charts I've seen on Chukar eggs, it takes 23 days to hatch a Chukar During days 1-20 the Temp should be 99.5 and Humidity at 55-65% - I kept my temps at that but I didn't keep my Humidity at that percentage, my humidity during days 1-20 was around 45%. On Day 21 Lockdown the Humidity should be raised at 65%-80% I did keep my humidity during lockdown at around 69%

Any suggestions would be appreciated because I am wanting to do another hatch so I can have a good amount of Chukar but I don't want to just be throwing money away as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Back
Top Bottom