1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Looking for a new home for Dwarf Olandsk breeding pair

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by fellowes58, Jun 10, 2017.

1. fellowes58

fellowes58 In the Brooder

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi! I live in Los Angeles, CA and I have a pair of Dwarf Olandsk that I am trying to find a new home for. They are less than a year old and then hen is already laying eggs. She is very friendly and basically hand raised. The rooster is a bit more skittish but also easy to handle. Like all dwark olandsk, the rooster doesn't fight but instead does a type of "crane dance" and chest bump. Put him in front of a mirror and you'll see what I mean. He does it for hours. LOL. Please contact me if you are interested to adopt. Thx!

2. irfxr

irfxr Chirping

Oct 30, 2016
    Bakersfield, California
    Hello. I have a great place for them but I'm a bit to the north of you in Bakersfield ? Gary

3. fellowes58

fellowes58 In the Brooder

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi Gary! Unfortunately the pair has been claimed already. If you would like, i can notify you of new baby chicks when i have them. i tend to keep them till 2months so that they are stronger for the trip and so i can sex them.

4. irfxr

irfxr Chirping

Oct 30, 2016
    Bakersfield, California
    Ok. Thanks

5. Texas backyard chickens

Texas backyard chickens In the Brooder

Jan 26, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    can you tell me about the olandsk breed in general? what are they like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: