Looking for a parrot

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
My grandmother has always wanted a parrot since she was young, we can definitely afford to take care of one but we just ran into a scam today claiming that they would give her a 1 year old male and female parrot with cage and toys and unfortunately they scammed her, shes really upset and really wants a parrot. Is anyone rehoming a parrot in the Lynchburg va area, we can drive a little ways and we dont mind paying you as long as it's in person and not a scam. She doesn't care how old it is or the color, but she does want it to be tame though I could handle it for her, it will have plenty of attention and care.

My grandmother has always wanted a parrot since she was young, we can definitely afford to take care of one but we just ran into a scam today claiming that they would give her a 1 year old male and female parrot with cage and toys and unfortunately they scammed her, shes really upset and really wants a parrot. Is anyone rehoming a parrot in the Lynchburg va area, we can drive a little ways and we dont mind paying you as long as it's in person and not a scam. She doesn't care how old it is or the color, but she does want it to be tame though I could handle it for her, it will have plenty of attention and care.
Could you please specify the type of parrot your granny is looking for?

If your grandmother has never owned a parrot before, I would highly advise against a macaw as a first time bird. They are one of the most advanced parrots to keep.

They need an extremely large cage, a lot of attention, enrichment and care. They also run anywhere from $1k-18k depending on the type of macaw. They can also be aggressive, and can bite extremely hard (hard enough to remove fingers and flesh).

I would recommend starting out with a cockatiel or a parakeet, so you know what you're getting into with a smaller parrot first. I hope this helps!

My my! Someone scammed you for a Macaw?? How much money did you lose?! Also what site scammed you?
It was a facebook thing and my grandma didnt know any better, they said they were free plus shipping and took over 200 dollars

If your grandmother has never owned a parrot before, I would highly advise against a macaw as a first time bird. They are one of the most advanced parrots to keep.

They need an extremely large cage, a lot of attention, enrichment and care. They also run anywhere from $1k-18k depending on the type of macaw. They can also be aggressive, and can bite extremely hard (hard enough to remove fingers and flesh).

I would recommend starting out with a cockatiel or a parakeet, so you know what you're getting into with a smaller parrot first. I hope this helps!
Shes had a cockatiel when she was younger and has had experience with macaws but has never owned one but she has taken care of some

Back
Top Bottom