Looking for a Phoenix and Sumatra

Alycia

Songster
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Hello all, I'm knew to this board, and I joined in hopes of finding two birds I really want. I'm a 4-H member and for the longest of time I have liked the Phoenix, and my mother has liked the Sumatra chicken. We have both been searching for these kinds of birds for a long time and several times thought we had success when we found Hatcheries, but usually they are so far away or charge outrageous prices/and or expect you to buy 25+ birds.

I will assure you that the birds would never, ever be mistreated. We are experienced in hatching eggs and raising baby chicks. The birds would be pets, as well as show-birds and would have many other friends.

We are looking for any type of Phoenix and/or Sumatra, and are located in NY State. Thanks!

Meyer hatchery will sell you an order of as few as 3 chicks, but they will add a few assorted male chicks to the box to keep them warm. You would probably get the 3 you wanted and maybe 6-8 layer breed males with them.
ANother option is to find someone else in 4-H that wants chickens and combine your orders

Alycia,
Here is the phone number of someone in Pennsylvania that either has both breeds you are looking for or his friend will have the Phonix and lives close to him. You want to talk only to Bill Sr.,
I know he has some breeder Sumatras for sale since he bought my stock which were Blacks and pure recessive Whites(not splash) and were out of good show stock. Hope that helps since it's breeding season and good breeding age birds are very scarce right now. 1-215-679=4692.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the help! I will look into both
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom