1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Looking for a roo or two in East Tennessee

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by lilwildrabbit, Jun 7, 2017.

1. lilwildrabbit

lilwildrabbit Songster

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    I'm looking for my sister that lives in East Tennessee around bulls gap and Greenville if you have any let me know I'll get back with you asap thanks

2. fancychick1

fancychick1 Chirping

Jun 23, 2014
    Oak Grove, KY
    I would love to help you I have seven roosters you could pick from and have at no charge but I live about four and a half hours away by the northwest corner of tenn.

3. masmom

masmom Chirping

Nov 6, 2016
    East TN Mountains
    I have a beautiful and very friendly 11 month old Speckled sussex. He sires some georgeous chicks. I'm in Morristown. PM if you want more details!

4. lilwildrabbit

lilwildrabbit Songster

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    I live in Georgia so it's not possible to get one from you thanks for the offer tho

5. egm1947

egm1947 In the Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    I wish I lived closer too, as I have a couple of Rhode Island Reds, 6 mo. olds. I live
    outside Beckley WV. I was sold these and they were supposed to have been hens at
    when I bought them at 8 weeks. I got 1 out of 3. Now I'm looking for a few hens to
    make the wife happy.

6. lilwildrabbit

lilwildrabbit Songster

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    Sounds like me lol I've got a few too many myself from my hatches this year I used to live in Vollscreek WV myself outside of War if you know where that's at

7. egm1947

egm1947 In the Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    My problem was I bought the 3 Rhode Islande Rads at 3/4 months old for my wife to start her
    backyard chicken flock and was told they were all hens and would start laying in about 8 to 10 weeks.
    What they did in about 4 to 6 weeks was start crowing!!
    Wife blames me for being took and now I have to find some hens to make her happy. I don't know
    where to look as the crook claims he never promised hens, but I have text messages saved where
    we discussed that was what I was buying from him. I just dropped it. Buyer beware when on Craig's
    list.

8. I live in Peterstown. Just happened to see this post while drinking my cup of coffee. I am sorry that happened to you. I really hate when someone takes advantage of someone like that. :( How old are they now? Most of what I have that is for sale right now is younger. I have a Barred Rock trio, 2 pullets and cockerel that are 8 weeks old. I have 2 Lavender Orpingtons that are around a month old. 1 does however look like it will be a cockerel. And I have Dominique chicks that are only 2 weeks old. My good friend and hatching buddy(here in Monroe Co.) may have some that are older. Going out to feed and will check back later. Message me....we can probably get you a few hens.

@egm1947

9. Pstock44

Pstock44 Songster

Oct 19, 2016
    Gray, TN
    We have 11 chicks, 8 at 6+ weeks and 3 at 4 weeks. They're from Buff & Gold Laced Orpington hens and a Blue Orpington roo. We'll be thinning the flock when they're old enough to sex them. I'm sure we'll have some roos as well as hens. We're just off I81 towards Johnson City. Let me know if you'd be interested.

20170606_193154.jpg
    20170606_191824.jpg
    20170602_161727.jpg

10. lilwildrabbit

lilwildrabbit Songster

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    Yes how fare are you from exit 23?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: