Looking for a Runner Duck Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by duckielove, Mar 1, 2009.

1. duckielove

duckielove Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Where is a good Indian Runner Duck hatchery? I am looking for eggs and ducklings. I have looked at many a places online but am looking for feed back before I order. Right now I am thinking of ordering eggs from Metzer Farms. And perhaps the ducklings from Holderead. Anyone have Info on either of these two or perhaps one that they have ordered them from?
    Thank You [​IMG]

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I raise Crested Runners in Blue, Black & Grey. You can see them on my website. I have eggs now, hope to be hatching some in March/April. -Stephanie [​IMG]

3. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Metzer is a nice hatchery with healthy birds, but not if you are looking for show quality, i.e. upright standing, Runner ducks. I have purchased many other breeds of ducks from Metzers and they are an excellent source of production ducks and pets but if you want Runners that meet the APA standard then you need to buy from Holderreads, or a private breeder, or somewhere else with show quality birds.

Ive purchased many Runners from Holderreads and have always been happy with them.

Chel

[​IMG]

4. duckielove

duckielove Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    OooOO Chel!... Those are beautiful! I cant wait. I have eggs in the bator right now but only 1 of the 7 so far has shown promise this is day 12 so I am not holding out hope on the others. We got them off Ebay. So now we are looking at trying a hatchery and gettin me some chicks to play with while hubby bonds with the eggs in the bator! [​IMG]

5. 72elizabeth

72elizabeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern FL
    Hi everyone. Does anyone know where I can purchase a pr of Giant Dewlap Toulouse? about 200mi either way fr the Ga and Fl state line. I would rather pick them up, than haveing them mailed.

6. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Johnsons waterfowl in middle river MN has runners..and many other ducks and geese,I havent been over there in several years but I used to buy all my runners from her..she doesnt have a website but will send you out a flyer if you get ahold of her..just google them.

7. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    72Elizabeth check the Tallahasse craigslist There is a lady on there selling full grown toulouse and goslings she is in the panhandle of Florida.I don't know if they are dewlap but she is advertising toulouse
    you might have to go back a few days to find her.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  8. FowlPrincess

FowlPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    Sebastopol, CA
    Do you still raise runner ducks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by