Looking for a used incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by happyhens120, Dec 25, 2011.

1. happyhens120

happyhens120 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    I am looking for a reliable, used incubator. I know this may be hard to come by on a chicken lover's website, but if you have an incubator (I'd love a Brinsea) that you would like to part with, please let me know.

I am currently using a LG still air, and it's so inconsistent and I'm having horrible hatches with it. I lost about 30 eggs awhile back because the temp. spiked to 114 degrees!

Thanks very much!

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Try putting the fan in it.They sell for around 35.00.The fan should hold it right at 99.5.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. happyhens120

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    Quote:Do you mean a fan like a computer fan? I actually have an old computer that I was considering pulling the fan from. Would I put it inside or cut a hole in the incubator lid? Thanks!

4. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    No,they sell a fan for lgs and hovabators.Try www.cutlerssupply.com.Or even your local feed store may have them.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    He's right they make them especially for the LG but if you already have a computer that you can get a fan from then I'd definitely do that! Saves money & will help your LG for sure. Also I personally wouldn't cut a hole in the styrofoam, it would be unfortunate to cut it to big & it could also depreciate the value of your incubator by having a non factory made hole. I would just buy those extra strong Velcro strips from Walmart that you can stick anywhere & use them to attach the fan to the lid, you could look where the LG fan is supposed to go. Then get some chicken wire like the flooring to make a cover for the fan so the chicks can't come into contact...good luck (=

6. happyhens120

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    Quote:Great idea! Thanks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by