Looking for a used incubator

happyhens120

Songster
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Central PA
I am looking for a reliable, used incubator. I know this may be hard to come by on a chicken lover's website, but if you have an incubator (I'd love a Brinsea) that you would like to part with, please let me know.

I am currently using a LG still air, and it's so inconsistent and I'm having horrible hatches with it. I lost about 30 eggs awhile back because the temp. spiked to 114 degrees!

Thanks very much!

Quote:
Do you mean a fan like a computer fan? I actually have an old computer that I was considering pulling the fan from. Would I put it inside or cut a hole in the incubator lid? Thanks!

He's right they make them especially for the LG but if you already have a computer that you can get a fan from then I'd definitely do that! Saves money & will help your LG for sure. Also I personally wouldn't cut a hole in the styrofoam, it would be unfortunate to cut it to big & it could also depreciate the value of your incubator by having a non factory made hole. I would just buy those extra strong Velcro strips from Walmart that you can stick anywhere & use them to attach the fan to the lid, you could look where the LG fan is supposed to go. Then get some chicken wire like the flooring to make a cover for the fan so the chicks can't come into contact...good luck (=

Quote:
Great idea! Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom