Looking for American Buff Geese

Lover duck duck

Songster
6 Years
Apr 10, 2018
Hello,
I just recently lost my only female American Buff geese. She was just a year old and her mate is all alone now. Other than the 8 ducks I have he looks lonely because the ducks always run from him. If anyone know of or has a female adult american buff geese in the Central Florida area please let me know as soon as you can. Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
You could try Craiglist/Facebook and it might be worth posting on the Fl state thread on BYC too. Best of luck finding one!
Thanks for your response. I have tried looking on Craigslist for my area. There was one ad where they had some geese but they were Embden and it was a pair. So no luck there. I think the only choice I have right now is getting some goslings since they have them now and start raising them quickly since my male is going to be a year old next week. He won’t be too old for them when they grow.

I (on behalf of my grandma) have the same problem.
With the female goose gone, the gander is depressed all day, following other animals around, or just hanging around cars so he can stand by his reflection. When I bring my duck over for visits he even tries to steal her away from me (tries to "protect" her and chase me away, then calmly follows her).
It's so sad, and it's been a long time, he just can't get over it. He used to dote on his wife with such love and dedication. I wish I could find him a companion who will appreciate the attention and be his friend so he can finally be happy again.
I am in Grays Harbor county in Washington state. Any kind of goose, any temperament, would be fine. Preferably an older lady, so they're closer to the same age. This big boy needs someone to protect and live out his days with.
If you know of someone looking to rehome a goose in/around the area, I can be reached on here and also at [email protected]

I (on behalf of my grandma) have the same problem.
With the female goose gone, the gander is depressed all day, following other animals around, or just hanging around cars so he can stand by his reflection. When I bring my duck over for visits he even tries to steal her away from me (tries to "protect" her and chase me away, then calmly follows her).
It's so sad, and it's been a long time, he just can't get over it. He used to dote on his wife with such love and dedication. I wish I could find him a companion who will appreciate the attention and be his friend so he can finally be happy again.
I am in Grays Harbor county in Washington state. Any kind of goose, any temperament, would be fine. Preferably an older lady, so they're closer to the same age. This big boy needs someone to protect and live out his days with.
If you know of someone looking to rehome a goose in/around the area, I can be reached on here and also at [email protected]
Awwwww that’s so sad. My guy is really lonely but he just turned a year old so I decided on getting another female baby since I could’t find anyone or anywhere to buy or adopt. I figured by the time she is 6 or 7 months old he will just be a year and half so that doesn’t make him too old. And I will start introducing them as soon as she is completely feathered. Good luck! I hope you truly find him another female.

Yeah, a year difference isn't too bad. If I could find one only a year apart I'd be really happy! Thank you :) I'll be looking all over the place, I'm sure someone somewhere has a big mean ol goose they'd be willing to part with XD

Yeah, a year difference isn't too bad. If I could find one only a year apart I'd be really happy! Thank you :) I'll be looking all over the place, I'm sure someone somewhere has a big mean ol goose they'd be willing to part with XD
Good luck! I really wish you the best 😊

Back
Top Bottom