Looking for an easily portable coop for 3-4 hens.

Heathfinn

In the Brooder
May 12, 2015
I'm concerned about coyotes being attracted by my birds and fear for the birds and my two small dogs which occasionally go outside overnight. I've looked online and can't seem to find a very small coop on wheels that could be brought in the house each night. My plan is to let them roam free during the day. (I know there are still predator risks during the day, but hopefully not nearly as bad as at night.)
Any advice is really appreciated. I live in suburbia and haven't had chickens since I was a boy. Would love to be able to pull this off. Need to convince my wife it is doable. I also don't want the neighbors waking up each night with my chickens squawking at every raccoon, rat, etc. trying to get in their coop.
Thank you!

I guess you need something mounted on wheels or at least 2 wheels where you could pick up one end. How many chickens do you have?

Ooops, you said 3 or 4 hens. Something 4 ft. wide and 4 or 5 feet long should be transportable. i would look for a used rabbit hutch and cut the legs off and mount some large diameter caster type wheels on the ends of the legs.

Back
Top Bottom