Looking for Black Runner ducks in Oregon

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
Anyone know a decent source? Went to look at some from a newspaper ad and was so disgusted by the conditions I put my shoes in a plastic bag to be bleached before they touch ground at my house. Yes, I reported the situation to the county aniaml control and the gal said the person was already under warnign to clean up his act.

Oh, lucky you--you're in Oregon. Means you're close to Holderread Waterfowl Farm. HIGHLY recommended--excellent quality stock. I have to order way in advance, but you may be able to pick up birds directly. Google for their web address. They're considered among, if not THE, the top quality waterfowl breeder in the US.

If you live in Oregon, why not get some from Holderread Waterfowl Farm in Corvallis?

I got some Dutch Hookbill and Stanbridge White (White Magpie) ducklings from them this year, and I was extremely impressed. The ducklings were shipped to me all the way in Wisconsin, they arrived in less than 24 hours and were all positively vibrant and healthy when they arrived.

EDIT: Looks like iamcuriositycat beat me to it!
lol.png

Anyways, here's the link to Holderread's website: http://www.holderreadfarm.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my black runners from holderreads waterfowl farm and I like them! Please, remember that the ducks are messy ...

here is a pics of them

25935_ducks_050.jpg

25935_dt12.jpg

Last edited:
Someday I will get black runners, but we are so new to this we need a little seasoning before we branch out! I read that ducks are messy, but with our four ducks there is not much mess except a lot of water around the water dish. Are Muscovies neater, or is it just that we have a lot of room and don't notice? I am wondering if some morning I will go out and it will all be trashed
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom