Looking for "Calico" or Sweet grass turkey eggs

Kennicuttfarms

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Overton
I have taken a fancy to the "Calico" or sweet grass turkeys. My husband just laughs at me cuz he knows it will start here and pretty soon I will take a "fancy" to all of the breeds.
tongue.png
But I am wanting to start with these. I was wondering in anyone had some eggs they would like to sell or trade. I have quail eggs coming out of my ears and would be willing to trade 2/1 ( 2 quail to 1 turkey) Quail are: brown cournix, Orange cournix, white Texas A&M. If you don't want to trade just let me know price and I can send you paypal.

I will take however many eggs you are wanting to get rid of.

Thanks a bunch.

Ditto
040.gif
to what she said.
I'm looking for eggs or poults also...second in line.

and just where are you guys located? When you say calico do you want true breeding, or rp x br for instance are calico, but won,t breed true?

true breeding is what I am looking for or what you say pure breeding?
I found some poults here in Oklahoma but $18 a pieces and you got to order 10 is to much. If I could have order 5 chocolates and 5 sweetgrass and they were out of cerf. fowl I have done it.
But I want them tested before I got them.

I too am looking for true breeding. I am in Nebraska and so far noone that I have talked to knows of them. I tried getting some eggs on places like egg bid and ebay but no luck.
sad.png

Porterturkeys.com has a calico line that is supposed to be breeding true, also has sweetgrass. And anything else you can imagine.

Porters is out of the sweetgrass eggs.

There are a number of auctions on ebay.
I already had purchased some and one is ready hatch today, I hope.

BTW, I'm in WI.
078.gif

I bought the sweetgrass calico eggs off ebay that don't breed true, they yield the three colors, but I'm delighted. Nine lil silly faces and already beginning to show their colors and I have 14 BRs to go with them.

Yes, one trio led to over 20 more. Once you start down the turkey slope, there is no going back.

"Beloved Turkey" Cher

The calico will hatch out as royal palm, calico, & red palm. A sweetgrass will breed true. So seeing them listed the same is not exactly right. I have Calico and anytime I have sold eggs I have tried to alert people to this fact. You can check porters to see this.

Back
Top Bottom