Looking for Camera recommendations

Melontine

Songster
May 26, 2019
Maine
So I've been wanting to get cameras set up for a bit of extra security so we can check on the chickens without running outside with flashlights all the time. But so far it's been difficult figuring out something that meets all the requirements we have for it.
We live in Maine, so Snow and cold is a real hassle. We also don't have many ways to get power out to the coops, we currently have a single extension cord to provide a heated water source for the birds and setting anything else up out there might be difficult, so I'm trying to find something battery or solar-powered but with a reliable and decently lengthy life to it. We shouldn't have any issue getting wifi out there as our signal is able to reach to the back of the barn.

Weatherproof, cold/water/snow/heat
Wifi accessible can view video/live feed over the cloud
Nightvision
Reliable Internal power source
My goal is 4-5 cameras so I can set up a whole system covering all groups of birds.

To me it sounds like kind of a tall order. But if I could find something, it'd go a long way as far as providing peace of mind.

We have this camera and its amazing. Our family has the link so they can watch the girls lay any time they want. I watch them and go gather eggs immediately. We use a solar portable charger to power it. The picture is so clear

Baby Monitor Camera, Wansview... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y3RV1KK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

• 93EDC88D-8635-4808-A49B-82BDF9D820A6.png
    93EDC88D-8635-4808-A49B-82BDF9D820A6.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 35
We have the Arlo Pro 2. It works great-uses WiFi, runs on battery. Only thing is that as the temps in winter get to -5°F and lower, the camera won’t work. We just had a couple weeks of very cold nights, (lowest here was -26°F) so untl the temp warmed up above -5°, the camera did not work.

Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio​

I have one of these inside and one outside under the overhang. You will need power, but they work great. Never had an issue with the one outside high under the overhang even though they are indoor. Record, playback, notify, etc. (follow motion is a bit crazy with a bunch of chickens, I turn that off)

Back
Top Bottom