1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for Cayuga ducks and quail eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mockingbird girl, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mockingbird girl

mockingbird girl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2007
    I'd like to get a few Cayuga ducks (females) for my two drakes.. if I can't I guess I'll cook em' but its a shame because they're gorgeous fellas.

I'm also looking some gamble quail or valley quail hatching eggs.

I'm located in Oswego County, NY.

Thanks,

Cat

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh don't cook them!! They are supposed to be pretty rare!! There is a site that someone else told me about that sells sexed ducklings...they are kinda pricey, i think it's about $5 per duck, but sure you could find some there!! I should ( [​IMG] ) have some eggs in the spring. I just bought a pair of them a few days ago. So if you can't find any before then, I might be able to help you out.
    <edit-forgot the link!! [​IMG] > http://www.metzerfarms.com/duck.htm good luck [​IMG]
    <edit> here's another one that sells sexed ducklings: http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/cayuga.html
    These
    are the only ones I found that sell sexed ducklings, both have available now. Not sure on order size though. But don't cook the poor things!! It's not their fault they're boys!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  3. mockingbird girl

mockingbird girl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2007
    Haha, thanks for the links. Yeah I know its not their fault their boys, handsome boys at that.. but I really don't want to house 2 birds that won't do anything for me, no eggs, no nothing all winter long. These two eat like pigs.

If I can find them some mates, that'd be excellent.

-Cat

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Even if you did have mates for them, the girls wouldn't lay again until spring...So it might be better to wait till then to get their mates, that way you will only have 2 worthless birds to feed, rather than 4!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by