Looking For Chicken Boarding - 6 Hens - (CA, NV, OR, WA)

Yeah, that is alot of money. Be careful when posting on craigslist. There are bad people on there. Just post you need a chicken sitter if you really want to give them a temp home and when you find the right person, then negociate boarding fees. It would be terrible for you to pay for chicken boarding and to come back finding your birds, sick, dead, injured, infested with bugs, or something else. 6 months is a long time to be away.

Just and idea. We have a Technical School for high school students in our school community. They do have an Agriculture Program that used to include chickens. You may want to search your local school programs to see if any thing like this if offered. They may care for them during the school season which is basically the time frame you need. Look into any type of farming program or Technical Schools in your area. If you find any I doubt you would need to pay that much. They'd be happy just for the cost of food, and mabey a donation. Good Luck.

Quote:
I'd be willing to take them that far only if I was absolutely sure that it was a clean, safe home for them. I have friends in all the other states, so the other states are easier for me to check out.

Quote:
I have updated my original posting to give the types of breeds.

I live on the Washington/Oregon border. If you can't find anything closer (which I suspect you will) we could be a back-up plan. We have 22 acres, about 50 laying hens, about 150 in the brooder/growing arks and about a dozen roosters. I'll also be hatching about 100 more layers this winter and probably 100 meat chickens from our incubator. All the chickens are in portable field shelters which we move weekly onto fresh grass. I could probably convert one of the rooster houses with a next box. But, like I said, you'll probably find someone closer to home. Good luck! And tell us where you're going; because we're nosey like that.

Quote:
I don't know if we'll find anything closer. My main concern is a good place for them. Your farms sounds like a nice place for them. I'll check back with you in a month about possibly boarding them and keep you posted if I find another closer place. Thanks.

Steve

Here is Greyfields last Spring:

It looks so different now with the hay cut and two fields plowed up for winter wheat.
smile.png

You can see a portion of chickenoppolis on the right side of the panorama.

Last edited:
You have to know steve to appreciate Steve. He loves his girls and his roos very much. Due to his cold climates and sometimes not so flexable work schedule he needs a place for the girls to vacation. If you have a big barn and fresh pastures for them to range when the weather is good, love giving them treats and hugs. You'ld probably be getting the better end of things. He spoils his girls and when they were at my place in Napa a few years ago he even made scheduled visits to come say hi to them. Steve I hope you find somewhere to board them. J

Back
Top Bottom