Looking For Chickens Northern New Jersey

ANT52995

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 22, 2011
Looking for laying hens in northern New Jersey near Essex County. I just want 2 or 3 because 3 of our flock of 10 was killed by raccoons. I would rather pick them up, meet anywhere near Essex County. Willing to travel about an hour or 2. Any information would be great.
Thank You

What measures have you taken to prevent this from happening again? Then you can feel secure in getting new birds. Hardware cloth works really good. Also electric fence.
Just a thought :).

Hi- Also looking for chicks in Northern NJ- Morris County area. We are just starting our family flock and looking for chicks to get used to the kids, etc.
Hope some one can let us know!

I am ready for more chickens, everything is now fixed. I have redone our whole coop used stronger wood, 1/2 inch hardware cloth, changed the locks on the doors to master locks, and dug 2 feet under the ground placed a layer of hardware cloth, a layer of bricks, then another layer of hardware cloth. The only thing i had to change was the chicken wire to hardware cloth because that is where he broke in, but i decided to do a full renovation. I payed the price for skimping on the hardware cloth and do not want it happening again. I am ready for new ones and would prefer then before winter, so i can easily introduce them to the flock. Any information would be great, as i said I am willing to travel an hour or 2 for them. But they have to be young laying hens, in their first couple weeks of laying.
Thank You

Sounds great! Good job. Brodhecker Farm sell red sex links and white leghorns at point of lay. Just a thought :).

Back
Top Bottom