Looking for chicks in NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by khowell31875, Jul 11, 2008.

1. khowell31875

khowell31875 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2008
    I am looking for RIR, Barred Rocks, or Buff Orpingtons in central NC. Would like to have 4-6 pullets as young as possible.

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    What part of "central NC" are you? There's a hatchery in Claremont, NC www.geocities.com/shookpoultry. It's about 5 minutes or so outside of Hickory.

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Have you checked the local feed stores? Might read through the North Carolina thread to see who lists as sellers. Good luck!!

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I just looked at a map of nc and claremont is so not central. hehe I know there are some others over that way, though. I just can't think of them off the top of my head. I know we have one on ncpoultry2, but again, can't remember his name or web page.

5. GaHermit

GaHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Hoboken Ga
    RIR chicks in Ga $1.50 ea + shipping. Min order 10. Streight run only. E.Mail [email protected] bb.com

6. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    if you're in the triangle area, Efland milling company in efland (Orange county) always carries RIR, barred rocks, delawares, and ameraucana day old chicks. I've actually gotta go by there today, if you want I can check to see what all they have in right now. They order from Privette hatchery if that helps.

7. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I have 8 month old pullets for sale. Mixed breeds, but all brown egg layers. Some black sex links, some RI Reds too. I'm in Gates.

Stacy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by