Looking for Colloncas Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmanrriquez

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
ALL ads must be in Buy Sell Trade, no exceptions!

Last edited by a moderator:
In Chile the Collonca is the rumpless cleanfaced version of the araucana and there really is no set standard as to color, comb, leg color and so on. The Ketro is the tailed tufted version of the araucana with the same lack of standard. The araucana is the rumpless tufted version. All must lay blue eggs.

If you are looking for the Collonca of today then you merely want a rumpless cleanfaced araucana, no matter what someone tells you. There are those who say they breed Colloncas, but I would ask them to present you with where their birds originate and by what standard are they breeding them. Did they import them from Chile? I have conversed with several Chilean breeders on this subject and the term Collonca is not to identify a breed but a type, which is the rumpless cleanfaced blue egg layer. It can look like just about anything as long as it is rumpless and lays blue eggs. Some have straight combs, come have pea combs, and I have even seen pictures of walnut combed birds. Some are silky feathered also.

I post all this just to say, don't get caught in a fad or scam. If Chilean breeders don't consider them a breed unto themselves but only a description of type, that is how we should view them also, and you can get the Collonca type from any serious breeder of Araucana.

Lanae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom