looking for crates to use as nests

soimcrazy

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 10, 2007
Dinwiddie Virginia
I'm looking for something like a milk crate, but perhaps not that big, to use as nests. I will need to stack them so they need to be stackable (interlock with one another). I was by Home Depot and didnt see anything, Lowes had some but I think they were just too small.

If you know of anywhere that sell crates like I need please lest me know....or if you have any other suggestions.

THANKS !!

Go to your local grocery store and look around back of the store at recieving dock . They usually have some back there that might be bent and just won't stack for hauling milk anymore and they will just give them to you!!!

Offices use similar containers for files...is anyone renovating?
Rubber horse buckets with a flat back could be used too and often stables discard them when they leak after many years, but the tiny flaw that causes that wouldn't affect your hens...

not quite a crate, but there have been a few writeups lately on turnning 5 gallon buckets into nest boxes. (again free from the local restaurant/fast food place)

You might be able to find something at Bed Bath and Beyond or Target since it's back to college time (or getting there, anyway). I've seen stackable storage crates (cheap, too) during back to school time.

Quote:
If you have friends with cats, convince than that the best litter is tidy cats scoopable in the 27 lbs pails.
They are rectangualr, so they stack nicely (just poke a couple holes and zip tie them together) and the lids area hinged 3/4 of the op, so you just cut on the line and you have the perfect size ledge across the front to keep the bedding in.

Back
Top Bottom