Looking for Dominique owners in VA

WeedEater

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Central Virginia
Hey, Folks! Have begun construction on a new coop, and intend to raise Dominiques. Anyone with experience or advice to share would be most welcome! Thank you!
big_smile.png

We are not raising Dominiquer's but we do have RIR's and soon we'll have some Golden Red's.

We are in Southside Virginia. Glad to see someone else here in VA.

Danville here ! We have two dominiques both pullets , two black sexlinks (hen & rooster) and 10 silver laced wyandottes on the way. anybody else near Danville?
the 2 doms are growing really fast and are also very friendly.

Quote:
Thats ok we will make it a new post!
yippiechickie.gif
I just put some Dominique eggs in the incubator 2 days ago. I looked a long time before I found what I wanted, these are pretty good, Im going to have to wait till Nov.
barnie.gif
to get me another line from another breeder.

I have 2 Dominique hens, a Dominique rooster, and some Dominique chicks. They are very nice birds. My hens each lay an egg almost every day. Mine free range, and they eat almost no chicken food. Just a little in the morning when they come off the roost, and a little at bedtime. So they are very cheap to feed. I worry at times that they won't get proper nutrition, but they are quite healthy.

Also, one of the hens is broody, and she's a great mother.

We have Dominiques...they seem to fly a little better than the others...they started escaping the brooder about day 7....some seem to now at about 10 weeks escape our 5 foot fence too....so be aware...no of our other breeds have done this BUT them....

Back
Top Bottom