Looking for ducklings

Hi looking for a duckling for daughters graduation gift! As a companion she doesn't have many friends and I thought this would be an amazing gift and best friend❤️
Where are you located and what type are you looking for? Craigslist is where I have found some of mine but don't go alone to get them. It can be scary as the first time for me was when I was in no man's land to get two Muscovy ones.

Hi and welcome to BYC. That is a wonderful graduation gift, but it would be better to buy at least 2, since ducks are flock animals. Depending on where you live, farmers markets and tradesdays/flea markets can be a good option. If you go that route, same as with Craig's List and Facebook Marketplace, make sure the duckling(s) look perfectly healthy. Ducks dont carry as many contagious diseases as chickens, but you still want to be aware. The best place to buy duckings is at your local feed store or direct from a large national hatchery, but they require minimums higher than one or two. Good luck with your search!

Back
Top Bottom