Looking for fertile eggs in/around Culpeper VA

outdoorbunny

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 12, 2012
Culpeper, Virginia
Hi everyone, I'm having some serious bad luck hatching out mail order hatching eggs. My incubator is working because I always put a few of my hen's eggs in along with the mail order ones and....my eggs hatch but the mail order ones do not. I'm thinking about throwing in the towel with mail orders and sticking to local hatching eggs only.

Does anyone live in central virginia that has some fertile eggs that I can purchase? The breeds I would really like are Marans and Wyandottes (any color). But I'm open to other breeds.

I'm not in your area but I might be able to give you some tips if you are interested. Eggs on your own farm have not been exposed to the dangers of vibrations etc. that mail order eggs are. However they can still be viable eggs. With that in mind you have to make sure your incubating system is very dialed in to be successful. It's likely your own eggs could hatch but eggs you purchase would not. Also are you buying from reputable sources?

I'm not in your area but I might be able to give you some tips if you are interested. Eggs on your own farm have not been exposed to the dangers of vibrations etc. that mail order eggs are. However they can still be viable eggs. With that in mind you have to make sure your incubating system is very dialed in to be successful. It's likely your own eggs could hatch but eggs you purchase would not. Also are you buying from reputable sources?

Back
Top Bottom