AJ916

Songster
8 Years
Jul 4, 2015
We’ve been looking for this breed for two years.
Both years the hatcheries presold out for the upcoming year, then sold out in seconds when they did have openings in the breed because I never made it to the website in time.
No local breeders carry any and no matter how I google it I can’t find any reputable breeders that have working websites or ship this breed. And I can’t find any phone numbers to small breeders that may have them. Does anyone have any recommendations on good breeders that carry d’Anvers?
I’d be happy with chicks or hatching eggs, but even when I find someone who ships the eggs most of the reviews are about non fertile eggs so I’m wary on buying from people who aren’t reputable! (I know shipping eggs is risky, as I’ve purchased several batches before. But I’ve managed to never have a batch that didn’t Atleast begin developing. I’m lucky enough to have Atleast one hatch from every batch I’ve purchased but I’m aware it can sometimes be 0!)

251239968_10226844010676283_6739811704527922917_n.jpg
My little Judy Garland? She is the only bantam of 4 I have left. I got her from tsc 5/2020. She is a Hoover's bird, I think.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 8.20.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 8.20.32 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
She's not for sale, but you might check the bantams at tractor supply. I have a few chick pics of her so you can identify them. I'm in North Dakota.
I was talking to the OP. I breed d’Anvers myself, though none are currently available.
Most d’Anvers breeders don’t ship, so I’d like to know location so I can make suggestions as to which breeders to buy from.

I was talking to the OP. I breed d’Anvers myself, though none are currently available.
Most d’Anvers breeders don’t ship, so I’d like to know location so I can make suggestions as to which breeders to buy from.
I’m located in Alabama! And I’m willing to travel to get them. Alabama and parts of Georgia because we’re in the Talladega County Area, so we’re less than an hour or a little more to the Georgia line!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 1
There are a lot of people with d’Anvers in your area
Rodney Davis
https://m.facebook.com/groups/794252107335451/user/100009912108206/
Black Coffee Ranch
vvv
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100064517176812&name=xhp_nt__fblite__profile__tab_bar
(Ok that one might be far but it might be worth it to contact him if he is ever showing in your area.)
Bob Bridges
View attachment 3742151
Thank you so much!! I was honestly worried when I thought I’d have to order from a hatchery. I’m glad none I looked up carried them because I’m much more into quality than anything. Cheaper doesn’t always mean better. I really appreciate the information!

Thank you so much!! I was honestly worried when I thought I’d have to order from a hatchery. I’m glad none I looked up carried them because I’m much more into quality than anything. Cheaper doesn’t always mean better. I really appreciate the information!
You're welcome!

Back
Top Bottom