Looking for Genetic Fly tying eggs/chicks to raise

Maybe you can be more specific on what qualities you are looking for. All chickens carry genetics. And your location is important. Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm looking for roosters that have very long saddle hackles. These are great for tying all sorts of flies. These feathers for flies are like what yeast is to bread.
smile.png

If anyone has any roosters for sale I'm in Springfield MO.

Thanks

I don't know of any, but you might try talking to a local sports goods place that sells flies and fly making materials. See if you can trace it back from them.

Since the demand is so high, especially since it became a fad to put those in your hair, I would not be surprised to find out that the eggs and chickens are pretty hard to come by. Something like protecting a monopoly. Hopefully I am wrong and you can find some. Good luck!!!

If my Polish girls get settled back down to business, I will have Polish hatching eggs. They quit laying when I put a new Rooster in there. And I am looking into processing roosters and harvesting their hackle/saddle feathers . What would you think I could get for them? What are the most popular colors, besides Barred?

Thanks everyone.

Price depends on the quality of hackle. The longer thinner feathers bring good $$

I really just want my own roosters so me and my fishing friends can have feathers and not compete with this feathered jewelry fad.

-Kyle

Back
Top Bottom