looking for hatchery that'l ship/sell 8 chicks

Update: A visit to the local feed store turned me off 'cuz the guy was a very cold fish indeed. Seemed like he could care less if I were a customer or not. I called Ideal and gave them my order. The ship date was 3-25 and they arrived at the post office on 3-26. We got the 9 pullets we ordered, plus 10 packing peanuts. One peanut was ill upon arrival and didn't make it despite us trying to nurse it. I even drove the extra 10 miles to TSC to get the feed and feeders. Very friendly service at TSC. No way that guy at the local feed store was gettin' a penny of my money. Other than that, everyone is doing great and i'm quite happy with the folks at Ideal.
For the 9 pullets, 10 peanuts, shipping, and tax, the total was less than $32.

Last edited:
Last year I ordered some silkies from Ideal. I only wanted a dozen so I got the extra packing peanuts aka roosters along with the order. I put a posting on Freecycle down here near me and they were gone by that evening. They were all RIR from what I could tell. I figure in the long run it worked out.

got 12 last year from My Pet Chicken. I suggest ordering extra anyway because two of them died anyway. Of course they were the ones I really wanted! They did refund but it's always good to have a few extra. (hawks, coyote, fox!)

Back
Top Bottom