looking for hatchery that'l ship/sell 8 chicks

gimme sum eggs

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
South Branch, MI
Searching the web one night, I found a hatchery that would sell and ship 8 chicks (# of chicks me and my GF are looking for). We'd like to get all pullets and 3-4 varieties of birds. I don't recall what the restrictions were for getting 8 birds, if any, but seems to be a tall order for most places. I have looked into getting chicks from local feed stores, but the breed selection really goes downhill at places like that.

Do any hatcheries acomodate small orders like these?

I forgot to mention that I have no clue what site/hatchery it was that I came across.
Shoulda book marked it..

Last edited:
MPC will ship that many, so will meyer but you end up paying extra for heating pad, Ideal will sell that many but then you end up with EXTRA's(usually males) that are added for warmth, at the discretion of the hatchery or you can specify NO extras but it will cost extra for insurance and expidited shipping.

Quote:
I inquired with Ideal about that and they said they would either add extra chickens or straw (no heat pad) and they don't do overnight (even if I paid extra).

I really just want 4 or 5 chicks and expect them to be very pampered chicks - don't mind paying another $10 or $20 to ensure they arrive here safely so I will probably get them either from MyPetChicken or Meyers since both offer small orders and package/ship them in a way that would be least stressing to the chicks.

Too bad because Ideal has standard brahmas...

Last edited:
Ideal will do this for you. Just got mine today,I am happy with them.
smile.png

Ideal is shipping me 12 next week. I only had to pay a little over $1.00 for insurance instead of getting males for warmth. I'm not sure where you are located, but I am in South Alabama and my Ideal orders always arrive overnight. It would be best to make your choice based on a hatchery closest to where you live.

Well.. you can call me a liar... I just placed my order with Ideal.

Meyers wasn't even going to have the ones I want until April/May.
Ideal had all the ones I wanted ready for shipment by 2/11.

I am so nervous. If the chicks arrive dead I'll be so upset.
I ordered 5.
I do live in Texas so I hope I get lucky and they get here in a day.

Oh never mind! Ideal just called and said 5 chicks without any added males for warmth would probably not survive so I cancelled the order...

MyPetChicken or Meyers it is!

Back
Top Bottom