Looking for hatching eggs in SE Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BuckeyeFam, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BuckeyeFam

BuckeyeFam Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm new to this and am wanting to try a few,not particular on breeds [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Do you have your bator ready? I can send you RIR's. How many do you want?

3. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    If you're serious about being a buckeye you have to have buckeyes!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    I am in SE Ohio. I have Easter Eggers that are laying and starting to show signs of being fertile. I am planning on putting some in the bator soon. I also have some buckeyes but they are only 3 months old and won't be reproducing until spring.

I had a RIR last year for a few months. They are supposed to be wonderful layers but mine was a rooster and it was really mean. I like the calmer varieties. Are you close to Perry County?

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Lilralphieroosmama is in Ohio, not exactly sure of her location but she has a few different breeds of chickens and quail [​IMG]

6. ohioruss

ohioruss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    ohio
    I will let you have some cuckoo marans eggs 10 eggs for 20.00 plus 12.oo for shipping.I live in ohio also,Let me know if you want them , private me?
    Russ
    www.norrrusmarans.com

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in NE Ohio, I will have buff orps and I have sex link. (My orps are laying now but they have been in with other roosters and I now have them all separated out. The sex links I have are red and brown, I could not specify which eggs you would be getting only that when they hatch if it is a yellow chick you have a roo and if it is buff or reddish then it is a hen. And here shortly I will have black sex links and production reds. Let me know if you are interested. [​IMG]

I also have mixed ones and I get an occasional cuckoo marans (the eggs are not that dark the hens are from a hatchery).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by