1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for hens in N.W. GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AprilMishelle, Nov 29, 2007.

1. AprilMishelle

AprilMishelle New Egg

Nov 29, 2007
    Hi,

Would like to purchase hens and/or roosters in the N.W. GA area. Please email with breed, price, and quantity available.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Hi, where are you in NW GA? We are in Ellijay, Gilmer Co.I don't have any chickens to sell, we just started getting our first eggs but "speckled hen" is a frequent visitor and she raises several breeds. She has always been extremely helpfull and is also a moderator. I would guess she will respond to you soon.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi, April! Yes, where are you in N. Ga? I'm in Fannin County near the NC line. I currently dont have any laying hens to sell, but I may have some chicks hatching later on and some in the brooder. I currently raise Barred Rocks, Blue/Black/Splash Orpingtons and Ameraucanas, but will be getting out of the Ameraucanas in a few months.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Welcome to BYC April ! [​IMG]

Where are you in NW GA?
    What breeds are you looking for?

5. speckledhen

Yes, April, Lee got all my extra layers! [​IMG]

6. AprilMishelle

AprilMishelle New Egg

Nov 29, 2007
    We are near Rome. Looking mainly for greys and roundheads at this point, I believe. At least, that's what my husband tells me. [​IMG] We have 2 roosters now. My daughter was uspet that they didn't have any more "girl chickens" for her.

7. speckledhen

Greys and roundheads? Are those game chickens? I don't have any of those, sorry.

8. AprilMishelle

AprilMishelle New Egg

Nov 29, 2007
    Husband got some from a friend and is looking to watch them. Don't know why, to me one's as good as another.... [​IMG]

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:You're not far from my Mom, then. She lives in a place called Armuchee Valley, between Rome & LaFayette. She doesn't have any chickens at the moment, though. She's just enabling me (if she gets me my incubator for Christmas, that is).

10. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    Welcome to the site! I am in Dawsonville, GA. I dont have any hens either but if you are interested in some silkie roos I have 1 mabey 2 . ( 1 white, 1 splash) Also I am currently looking for silke hens and milie fluer hens if anyone in the area has any or knows of any available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by