Looking for homes for geese if the eggs hatch in Southern AZ

keringordon

Songster
6 Years
May 2, 2018
Casa Grande, AZ
My Twente goose and Chinese Gander have been messing around constantly and yesterday she got serious about her eggs. She has laid one or two a day which I thought was more than normal. I can handle two more geese but thats it. I dont want the killing my dogs or me. If anyone is in the Arizona area and has free roaming poultry and wants some geese get in touch with me. I am between Tucson and Phoenix. She is only laying right now so it will be a little while until I can rehome any if they hatch.

If you can’t find homes you can also just take the eggs from her, it isn’t as traumatic for them as we think, and it’s better done early before she’s spent to much time starving herself on the nest.

well she grabbed my hair and bit my head when I went near her one egg last night so I would say that it would be traumatic for her. I rescued her from a pen and she gets to roam free and would like some kids I think. I will find homes..many people want geese....i just want to find awesome homes. My animals pretty much live their own lives...im just here to feed them.

My Twente goose and Chinese Gander have been messing around constantly and yesterday she got serious about her eggs. She has laid one or two a day which I thought was more than normal. I can handle two more geese but thats it. I dont want the killing my dogs or me. If anyone is in the Arizona area and has free roaming poultry and wants some geese get in touch with me. I am between Tucson and Phoenix. She is only laying right now so it will be a little while until I can rehome any if they hatch.
wondering if you still have your geese, I am looking for a female goose because we just lost a female goose and the male goose is so upset and is crying day and night. Please let me know. Thanks

Do you have other poultry?
My female lost her mate of 14 yrs in Feb of this year and I immediately moved her in with the ducks and chickens so she wouldn't be lonely. I put up a piece of lattice so she couldn't pick on the ducks but she was able to be with them and see them. Now that breeding season is over the lattice is down and she is sleeping in the same room with everyone. It's quite heartbreaking for them to lose their mates. But having other birds around does help. Very sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the reply. Currently, we have two chickens, one hen, and one rooster(usually we had a lot of both chickens and geese, but after more than decades, now only a couple had left), and all of them sleep in the same room. The chickens slept on the top lattices and the geese stayed on the lattices on the floor. However, since the female goose was gone, the male goose would not get into the coop anymore, he just wandered and cried around the yead day and night. That's the reason I am looking for a goose or geese. If your goose hatches some baby geese later on, please let me know I would buy some from you (we live in an acre yard). Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom