Looking for Hookbill duck hatching eggs

they are few that did not pip yet, but they still have time; I will certainly wait ... I will wake up during the night to check for sure 😂

So...I lost 5 ( not from your eggs) that could not pip or just made a little scratch on the shell but couldn’t reach the shell to continue pipping 😢As it was day 28 for them and did not see any advancement, I decided to help but was too late. Right now, I have 4 under plate already, and 4 drying in the incubator. Two eggs shows pipping, so I will let them until tonight without disturbing the process. So, if everything is doing well, I may have 10 ducklings at least, and 7 are from your eggs! More than I was expecting anyway ❤️Kerry, what color have your adults? It seems that from your eggs I got mostly golden babies ( one is darker). From the other eggs, I got a dusky and 2 that I think will be black and white.

I have hookbill duck hatching eggs if you or anyone else is interested! I have great fertility here on my homestead. I'm located in southern WV and can ship. One batch I shipped to CA has 100% development 2 weeks in!
Hi, do you have any hatching eggs available in the next couple weeks?

So...I lost 5 ( not from your eggs) that could not pip or just made a little scratch on the shell but couldn’t reach the shell to continue pipping 😢As it was day 28 for them and did not see any advancement, I decided to help but was too late. Right now, I have 4 under plate already, and 4 drying in the incubator. Two eggs shows pipping, so I will let them until tonight without disturbing the process. So, if everything is doing well, I may have 10 ducklings at least, and 7 are from your eggs! More than I was expecting anyway ❤️Kerry, what color have your adults? It seems that from your eggs I got mostly golden babies ( one is darker). From the other eggs, I got a dusky and 2 that I think will be black and white.
How many of mine ended up not hatching? I totally forget how many I sent you haha. I'm glad you got so many!!! ❤️

I'll get you pictures of my adults later! All of the 7 I hatched are golden. 5 have darker bills and 2 have more orange-y ones. They're getting bigger and the bills are starting to droop now!!!

How many of mine ended up not hatching? I totally forget how many I sent you haha. I'm glad you got so many!!! ❤️

I'll get you pictures of my adults later! All of the 7 I hatched are golden. 5 have darker bills and 2 have more orange-y ones. They're getting bigger and the bills are starting to droop now!!!

Yes, please send pictures. I lost most of the other breeder eggs...she had them from Brian Simmons, so very good quality Hookbill but the eggs arrived with saddle air cells from the shipping. They were packaged very well, but could not avoid it. I lost them during incubation or just at hatching. The eggs were most of them blue and I hatched dusky or bibbed ducklings. I have 8 hatched from yours all golden. You sent me more than 12 but some of them did not develop or quit before hatching. They look like my Welsh when they were young❤️. I will select 6 that shows quality and I hope Holderread will send me at least a drake this fall. I hope a pair, but we will see at that time. I skipped their drake last fall, as I did not have any Hookbills, so this year, I should be on top of the list.

After hatch and one week later❤️

Attachments

• 04A62C02-C3A2-44C1-AB92-D8CEABD2A6B3.jpeg
    04A62C02-C3A2-44C1-AB92-D8CEABD2A6B3.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 4
  • CC3D265E-23F0-406F-9498-D0BA1F2EAB88.jpeg
    CC3D265E-23F0-406F-9498-D0BA1F2EAB88.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom