Looking for info or possible review of a carport and to see if any of you have done this before.

Thank you all. My husband is a jack of all trades so I'm sure he will come up with something amazing. Thank you all. Will update when finished. Hope to get it done within the next few months, 🙂
My mind went a different directions when I read
Thank you all. My husband is a jack
and my mind went :eek:Then I continued to
of all trades so I'm sure he will come up with something
and my mind went ❤️.

We moved a carport frame from one of our rental properties to our house and then covered it with metal roofing, making it at a covered run. It worked, until it didn't. We did not sink the poles into the ground. Instead we made a wood perimeter "frame" that sat on the ground and the metal carport poles attached to the frame. The run was also wrapped in plastic. The setup was sufficient for a couple years. Last year, we had a windier than normal spring (ie 50-60 mph gusts for about 2 weeks). The gusts ended up rolling the whole structure and breaking and/bending the poles. We have since built a wood structure...this pic is what we had. View attachment 3401903
How did you attach your roof to the poles? We have bought the frame and now looking at ways to add the roof to it bc we don't want to just use the tarp that came with it or the netting. Thank you!

Take 2x6s. You are going to make "rafters" to screw the roofing material to. Add a foot to make some overhang. I would lay the board flat against the tubing and drill holes through the tubing and board. Bolt together. Place a rafter where every seam is so you can screw each edge down tight.
Probably not a great explanation but you get the picture.

How did you attach your roof to the poles? We have bought the frame and now looking at ways to add the roof to it bc we don't want to just use the tarp that came with it or the netting. Thank you!
Self tapping construction screws attached the boards to the metal poles.

Attachments

• 20200912_101446.jpg
    20200912_101446.jpg
    855.1 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom