Looking for Maran Breeders in Maine

GGLaRoo

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2016
Maine
I am a small backyard breeder with wheaten, blue wheaten splash, white, blue copper and golden cuckoo marans.I would enjoy chatting with other Maran breeders. My winter flock is 13 birds due to my fall "down sizing".

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

You could try posting under the Maran's thread post #1 .

Also, try searching for Maran breed to find other threads?

I have no experience with any breeds except BO and BR. But think the Marans , or some of them, lay those really chocolate eggs? Are they docile and friendly? Or are they somewhat flighty?

My marans are friendly and calm.Hatched in my house and picked up every day.This breed at dark chocolate brown eggs with a rich orange yolk.They make great meat birds..but I can't eat them after I name them!

My marans are friendly and calm.Hatched in my house and picked up every day.This breed at dark chocolate brown eggs with a rich orange yolk.They make great meat birds..but I can't eat them after I name them!

Thanks, know what you mean, my hens are pets.

Sounds like you found your perfect layers. Sunflour has given you good tips on finding others. You could also join your state thread. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

I'd love to see a photo of your birds, Marans are on my 'wish' list.

It's nice to have you here!

This is a pic of GG LaRoo , my rooster. Rooster was a big blue wheaten rooster and a blue copper hen....

Back
Top Bottom