Looking for new Incubator Any suggestions?

I keep hearing such good things about the NR360, that I kind of want to buy one myself. But if I were to buy a 4th incubator, it would be due to lack of space, so a 22 egg ‘bator would do me no good.

I’m very happy with my Incuview and my Genesis 1588. But those are up in the $200 range. Farm Innovators are a little less money. I have one. No complaints, but I don’t feel the same about it as I do my other two incubators. I have not done any record keeping to prove whether that feeling is based on fact or just because I had the other two first.

I've been very happy with my Brinsea Maxi II Advance. It's pricey, but you do get what you pay for. I've used it for three years with no issues or problems. It turns the eggs which is a great timesaver and the temperature has always been spot on!
I'm new here, thank you for the suggestion. I just ordered the Brinsea Maxi II from Amazon.

We bought a Little Giant foam incubator from Tractor Supply for our granddaughter. We have chickens & a rooster, so took her eggs to hatch. Day 21 came & went, waited until day 25 to make sure, zero hatched. My daughter candled all along and things looked great.

Hubs & I brought the incubator to our house, 12 eggs are on lock-down. Day 21 tomorrow, we'll see if any hatch. We bought a digital thermometer/hygrometer to see if the temp & humidity was accurate. The built in on the incubator was consistently higher in both temp & humidity by 4-6 degrees/20%. I think the incubator may be a piece of trash?

Hopefully the Brinsea will be the answer. We share eggs with many people at Church and work, which at the beginning of CV-19 was a blessing to all.

Looking forward to reading through all the posts and gaining helpful tips from you all.

The built in on the incubator was consistently higher in both temp & humidity by 4-6 degrees/20%. I think the incubator may be a piece of trash?
No, not a piece of trash! What matters is if it holds a consistent temperature. Even if the display on the built in part of the incubator reads wrong, as long as you rely on a different thermometer that you have checked and know is reliable, it doesn’t matter what the display on the incubator reads.
4-6 degrees does seem like a lot though. Mine are usually only off by half to two degrees.

No, not a piece of trash! What matters is if it holds a consistent temperature. Even if the display on the built in part of the incubator reads wrong, as long as you rely on a different thermometer that you have checked and know is reliable, it doesn’t matter what the display on the incubator reads.
4-6 degrees does seem like a lot though. Mine are usually only off by half to two degrees.
Thank you. I've read the incubator temp has to be at 99 degrees or the hatch may not be successful. The digital temp on incubator reads 99.8 consistently with no variable. The external thermometer reads from 96 to 97.7.

This may sound dumb, but I'm really invested in these babies and hate to think they may not hatch because I've done something wrong. It's sorta stressful, lol.

Thank you. I've read the incubator temp has to be at 99 degrees or the hatch may not be successful. The digital temp on incubator reads 99.8 consistently with no variable. The external thermometer reads from 96 to 97.7.

This may sound dumb, but I'm really invested in these babies and hate to think they may not hatch because I've done something wrong. It's sorta stressful, lol.
Well if you’ve been running it all along at 96-98 degrees, I think you can expect them to hatch late. Hopefully that will be the only issue. Fingers crossed! I would increase the heat so that a TRUSTED thermometer reads ~99.5. Better late than never. You may still have a few days to go.

Day 23, two new babies hatched this morning, total of three now. There are 10 more eggs, I don't see any pips yet. How long should I wait to see if any of the others hatch?

I'm so excited, I was afraid my first little baby would be an only child and I would have a house chicken, lol.

Back
Top Bottom