Looking for new Incubator Any suggestions?

Shadow_Demonx92

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
Hey everyone i am looking for a new incubator. I am looking for suggestions on incubators and here's a few things im looking at.

Incubator on a Budget.
Doesn't have to hold a whole lot.
comes with automatic egg turner.
Fan Preferred but not needed.

if anyone can help with this decision making that'd be great.

Hey everyone i am looking for a new incubator. I am looking for suggestions on incubators and here's a few things im looking at.

Incubator on a Budget.
Doesn't have to hold a whole lot.
comes with automatic egg turner.
Fan Preferred but not needed.

if anyone can help with this decision making that'd be great.
How much are you willing to spend and how many eggs do you want it to hold?

Just chicken eggs.and not looking for something big. If it holds only 12 that works for me.
Well, I recently got the NR 360. It was $130, but it's really good. Worth every penny imo. It holds up to 22 chicken eggs. Holds temp and humidity really really well. That's what I would reccomend. There's the Magicfly incubator, but it has some flaws, and the instructions are impossible to make sense of. Only holds 8 eggs. It says 9-12 eggs, but in the turner I could barely fit 8 medium sized chicksn eggs. I'd look on eBay and craigslist. Styrofoam incubators are ok, but I've never had good luck with them. They're pretty cheap, but the majority of incubator malfunctions and issues on here are foam incubators. I just like forced air better, no hot/cold spots.

Well, I recently got the NR 360. It was $130, but it's really good. Worth every penny imo. It holds up to 22 chicken eggs. Holds temp and humidity really really well. That's what I would reccomend. There's the Magicfly incubator, but it has some flaws, and the instructions are impossible to make sense of. Only holds 8 eggs. It says 9-12 eggs, but in the turner I could barely fit 8 medium sized chicksn eggs. I'd look on eBay and craigslist. Styrofoam incubators are ok, but I've never had good luck with them. They're pretty cheap, but the majority of incubator malfunctions and issues on here are foam incubators. I just like forced air better, no hot/cold spots.
Ok cool i'll look into the NR 360. Thank you.

We're new to incubating eggs from our chickens.... I decided on the NR 360 because of its ease of use. I'm glad I did! We've had two hatches that were easy-peasy and are enjoying curious little chicks. It was about $140 at the local farm supply store.

The only thing that was not ideal was that the automatic turner slots were too small for the extra-large eggs one of our hens lays. I read a review where someone cut out some of the dividers, but I didn't try that- maybe when it's not quite so brand-new!

I don’t think foam incubators are the ones with the highest problem rate. They are tried and true. Just have to go with a known brand and the features you want. (Digital vs fiddly little knob, still air vs fan, etc.)
But the ones I hear of over and over again for failing are the square yellow plastic Chinese ones.

Back
Top Bottom