Looking for older, 'hen gentle', Silkie rooster - Rhode Island

SilkieNation

Songster
13 Years
Oct 26, 2007
Rhode Island
My very small flock of three Silkie hens is now, sadly, a flock of two. Since Drizzle passed, it seems my two sweeties are feeling a bit insecure. I think a 'hen-gentle' roo might help. I don't want a young 'stud'. I'm looking for one that is at least four years old, if not older. Of course, a hen would do as well, but I can't seem to find one. My girls are seriously pampered and your roo would be too. Pumpkin is about seven, and Queenie about five years old.

Thanks.

Hi SilkieNation. Are you still looking for a friend for your girls? I have two very sweet, mellow bantam hens (one silkie, 4 years old, one Cochin, 8 years old) that I am looking to rehome. They would do very well in a small flock of older hens. They are being treated for a mild case of poultry lice right now but once they have a clean bill of health from the vet they will be ready to go to a new home. Let me know if you are interested but no worries at all if not!

Hi Muffin14143.

Yes, I believe I am. I would very much appreciate a clean bill of health from the vet because mine have never had anything, including worms, and I would like things to stay that way! :)

Where do you live? Maybe PM me and I can give you my phone number or email? Thank you!

Hi there! So sorry for the late reply! I haven't used this site very much and I lost track of this thread and didn't know how to find it! I will pm you with my email! :)

Back
Top Bottom