1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for peachicks

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Love my Critters!, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I have been trying to buy some peachicks or a young pair. I don't want to have to buy 8+ chicks. I would like to start with just a pair. This will be my first time with peafowl. I live in the SE corner of New Mexico and it is really hard to find anyone around that has any.
    Thanks

2. Your best bet is to wait a few months when chicks begin to hatch and re-post. I am sure that someone here on the forum will be willing to ship you a pair of chicks or couple of month old youngsters for a reasonable price. The shipping is so much cheaper for the very young birds. I would definiately have something I could send you, but I am sure you can find even more interesting opportunities with the folks that frequest the forums.

3. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Thank you for the reply. I know they don't start hatching out until later in the year, but everywhere I've checked is already all sold out for 2012. I will repost when it gets closer to summer. Thanks again!

4. No problem. Once they start hatching you will not have a problem finding some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by