Looking for peahens

lingle97

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Monticello Florida
Looking for peahens at least 3 years or older. I have checked all the big breeders and they dont have any or only have ones that are super expensive like greens. I dont want anything fancy. I am also willing to pay shipping on the right birds. I am in the tallahassee area (north Florida panhandle) and will drive to pick up or meet part way. What is out there.

We have some peapeople not too far from you who may be able to help...@AugeredIn , @MinxFox , any peagirls available?
Also, have you checked Rocking B-A-B Ranch, near you: http://rockingbabranch.com/

Do you have a budget in mind? It seems as though shipping can add quite a bit to the price of a pea, which is something to consider.

BAB said they had none available at all. Another breeder had a 3 year india blue but wanted 300 for it. I am willing to drive to pickup if not too far.

AugeredIn may have some...I don't know if he has any of the basic varieties though.

I don't have any extra adult hens. I lost both of my pretty white peahens last year so now I have more males than females.
hmm.png

Another person would be:

Glenn Morris - He has a lot of India Blues and tends to have a good amount of free-range India Blue peahens. I bought one from him a few years ago and his prices are good. I can PM you his number if you want.

Have you checked Craigslist or any kind of local shopper? Peafowl are listed on those somewhat often.

A two year old peahen will lay fertile eggs so that age could still be an option for you. Peacocks seem fine with younger peahens - it is when you try putting a two year old peacock with an adult hen that things might not go so well. Peahens like to pester two year old peacocks.

What breeder(s) said they had green peahens available? I have an Indo-Chinese (Imperator) green peacock who will be two this year and I need to find a green peahen for him.

Last edited:
Looking for peahens at least 3 years or older. I have checked all the big breeders and they dont have any or only have ones that are super expensive like greens. I dont want anything fancy. I am also willing to pay shipping on the right birds. I am in the tallahassee area (north Florida panhandle) and will drive to pick up or meet part way. What is out there.
@AugeredIn is in florida and Im pretty sure he has what you need. If not, Spring Creek Peafowl @KsKingBee Marion, KS might have a few and they ship,
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Gerald Barker

Rocking BAB ranch has some listed. I found a bronze spalding hen carrying white eye locally.

Thanks I will have to check B-A-B's site. I forgot that they are always updating it with new birds for sale.

I am glad AugeredIn had a hen for you. I texted him asking if he saw this topic and he told me he was already selling you a hen.
smile.png

Here she is. She is spalding split bronze carrying white-eye, white/pied and black shoulder. She may be a "mutt" but I enjoy the anticipation of seeing what she will throw with my IB male.

Thanks Phil hope to do more buisness with you in the future.

Back
Top Bottom