looking for Pics for idea for inside new coop

wowmanacat

Songster
Apr 1, 2011
Oak Grove AR
I am looking for idea for inside our new coop that we are going to have to build and I do much better seeing than just have some one tell me about it. for a short time I am going to have a small 4 1/2 to 5 foot by around 8 foot coop till I can get a much bigger one. I know this is going to be small for 13 chickens but it is the best I can do right away. I might not have time to build the bigger one right away but will be on it asap. The chickens are going to be able to free range after the first week or so, once they know where home is. I am going to do everything I can to make it nice for them, I am going to try and put a pen up for the first week or so so they can get outside some. It really all depends on how much we have to spend on the house with all the closing cost and all that, as to what I will be able to do right away. I will be looking on craigslist and all that in my area to see if I can find something.

I really need to see the inside of coops to get my ideas.
Thank you all for posting your pics or links to your pics.

i hope this isnt too many pics, but I recently started on a 4x8ft coop.
should house up to 15 chickens on the roost, but i only put in 3 laying nest,
because i only have 3 hens. but i can easily add more with all the extra space.
I hope this will help you some!

im still lacking the metal roof (tin hasnt been cut yet) and water resistant paint, but its 95% finished. ill try to post
pics of the final project after the weekend. I'll continue to build a moveable pen, but that wont be til nxt weekend.
Im new to raising chickens, but my dad, who grew up around them, helped me build this coop. I hope this helps u some!
and it only cost me $100 in materials from lowes, but u havent bought paint and materials to biuld the pen, so im probably
looking at another $100 in the end. and we had extra tin laying around the farm, so that also cut down expenses.

those sure are some niceee coops! maybe one day in the future, once i no longer live with my parents (im 19 currently in college)
i can build something that nice! how much did either of the coops cost to build? (if u dont mind telling)

I don't mind you asking, but the truth is: I didn't want to know. I stopped keeping track of the receipts when trips to Restore ended and trips to the Home Depot for cedar shingles began. I really don't want to think about what it must have cost. <gulp>

those sure are some niceee coops! maybe one day in the future, once i no longer live with my parents (im 19 currently in college)
i can build something that nice! how much did either of the coops cost to build? (if u dont mind telling)

This is my Cluck on Inn. It is 6' x 8'.

Sand on floor as it was easier to clean than the shavings I had at first.

Mural in progress on bare wall.

Since I live in AZ, we added a wall AC unit this summer. The girls loved it and stayed in most of the day.
Also have a ceiling fan w/light.

Photo taken prior to the mural

Back
Top Bottom