Looking for pics of double-dose frizzle gene

Curly Sue before she became naked Sue.

Attachments

• 2017-06-19 21.42.23.png
    2017-06-19 21.42.23.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Mine came from Ideal. I have two nicely feathered ones and a cocky little cockerel that is half naked. His feathers swing along his sides as he walks. He is 7 weeks old, I did not know about the double frizzle problem. I will try to get a picture of him tomorrow. At least the three frizzles are not going out in the rain.

does anyone know of anything that is good for there skin and or any vitamin supplements that may help with the feathers at all. We purchased a few frizzles on line to incubate, the boy seems ok so far but our sweet tiny little girl has lost most of her feathers its so sad I'm so afraid to pick her up or touch her at all but i want to show her love. So anyway i was hoping someone might have even the smallest suggestion. this is Quantum
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_5712.JPG

I too am looking for help with my poor naked frazzled roo. There has to be something we can do that will make a difference. :(

btw I got my 2 from the same hatchery as previous posters. They need to stop creating these poor chickens. It is a cruelty for these birds. My little guy leaves a trail of blood from broken feathers.

Hello Frizzle Friends! I too have a sweet, very exposed black double frizzle cochin! Poor fellows feathers are brittle & break off constantly. He gets pecked at often from so much pinkish- red skin showing. He was also from a hatchery purchased at a local retail biz in Espanola NM. Breeders, hatcheries & individuals please, pleeze for these little chickens well being do not breed frizzle 2 frizzle! I too am wondering about foods, herbs, vitamins that may help our little ultra frazzled frizzles?

Hello Frizzle Friends! I too have a sweet, very exposed black double frizzle cochin! Poor fellows feathers are brittle & break off constantly. He gets pecked at often from so much pinkish- red skin showing. He was also from a hatchery purchased at a local retail biz in Espanola NM. Breeders, hatcheries & individuals please, pleeze for these little chickens well being do not breed frizzle 2 frizzle! I too am wondering about foods, herbs, vitamins that may help our little ultra frazzled frizzles?
I thought of trying emu oil topically as well a bit internallly, for the nutritive qualities and no toxicity. Unsure what else may help. What is the underlying reason for the brittleness in the genetics of 2xfrizzle? I have next to zero experience with frizzle breeding.

Back
Top Bottom