1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for pictures of waterfowl colour mutations

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by peacock, Oct 18, 2011.

1. hartlaub

hartlaub Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2012
    I have been working on the silver white faced tree duck in the UK for sometime - but im struggling - do you know where there are some in Europe and if any available

2. peacock

peacock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2011
    Belgium
    My Coop
    There should be a breeder in Poland, but i do not think he has any for vsale yet, he's still working on a genetically good breeding group, maybe Lobo can let you know who he is,

Greetz Peacock

3. hartlaub

hartlaub Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2012
    Thank you - I hope to breed some more this year so maybe we could exchange bloodlines

4. Stellers33

Stellers33 New Egg

Feb 5, 2012
    Birmingham, UK
    @ lobo - where did you get the ginger mandarins from? They are fabulous, do you have any for sale?

5. SilverWoodDuck

SilverWoodDuck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2012
    Mandarin's mutation red (ginger).

Red (ginger) pair
    [​IMG]

Red (ginger) male
    [​IMG]

Red (ginger) male
    [​IMG]

Red (ginger) female
    [​IMG]

Red (ginger) female
    [​IMG]

Sandar

6. lobo

lobo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2011
    Poland
    Simply, I bred them. First ginger females appeared in the brood of black mandarins. For several years there were only females, and this in a small number of. I needed two years to breed a male and female of this color. At present in Poland we have 11 pairs ginger mandarins (7 pairs in my breeding and for 2 pairs at my friends). Two pairs from us, also has SilverWoodDuck in Serbia.
    At the moment we do not have anything for sale. We're still working on the expansion of breeding stock, but part young from this year's hatchings, will be for sale. But I can't promise anything, because the reservation list is long.

7. lendor

lendor New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    View some pictures of Steel Wood Duck (blue - pastel), which I created in my breeding. The first duck of this color I was 4 years ago. In 2011 I was able to breed more males. The mutations that are very nice females. To me the most beautiful females of all available colors Wood Duck. Due to the color of a female named it the "steel". At present in Poland is about 12 steel wood duck pairs (10 pairs in my breeding pairs and two of my friend). Three pieces of me, also has SilverWoodDuck in Serbia. Ten couples who have been with me, and the young will be on sale in July 2012.

Please visit my website
    www.lendor.pl
    http://www.lendor.pl/galeriahtml/aix_sponsa.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. lendor

lendor New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    In 2011 in my breeding, I managed to breed the next color of the wood duck.
    Fawn - pastel wood duck.
    I am now the first, only a single
    female of this color. I hope that after some time I manage to breed the first complete pair of Fawn - pastel wood duck.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. peacock

peacock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2011
    Belgium
    My Coop
    To Hartlaub

Would it be possible to upload a few pictures of your silver-white-faced tree duckd? Thanks Bebsi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by