Looking for poults in massachusetts

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by hathornepub, Mar 7, 2013.

1. hathornepub

hathornepub New Egg

Mar 7, 2013
    Byfield, ma
    I currently have chickens but my wife would like to try to raise turkeys. I'd like to try with only a couple but every place I have found will only sell 15 at a time. Does anybody know where I could buy only two poults in Massachusetts? Preferably narragansetts around the end of march.

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I don't think ideal poultry (idealpoultry.com) has a minimum on the number of turkeys you can order as long as your order reaches $25. Be warned, though! If you don't ask for insurance on the package, like $1.75 or something, they will put in male chicks for warmth.

Edit: I take it back, looks like that's just for chicks. Turkeys have a minimum of ten there. Maybe check your local feed store? I know mine gets in poults sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. Mikedero

Mikedero Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Watertown CT
    check TSC and Agways the one in torrington sells them I think you need to buy 6

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    March is too early for the turkeys in this northern climate. My Bourbon Reds don't start laying until April. With lights, maybe earlier.

I do have some young Narrigansetts, did you want males and female? I only have a few from Porters but was thinking of selling them. Send me a PM if you like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by