Looking for poults in massachusetts

hathornepub

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 7, 2013
Byfield, ma
I currently have chickens but my wife would like to try to raise turkeys. I'd like to try with only a couple but every place I have found will only sell 15 at a time. Does anybody know where I could buy only two poults in Massachusetts? Preferably narragansetts around the end of march.

I don't think ideal poultry (idealpoultry.com) has a minimum on the number of turkeys you can order as long as your order reaches $25. Be warned, though! If you don't ask for insurance on the package, like $1.75 or something, they will put in male chicks for warmth.

Edit: I take it back, looks like that's just for chicks. Turkeys have a minimum of ten there. Maybe check your local feed store? I know mine gets in poults sometimes.

Last edited:
March is too early for the turkeys in this northern climate. My Bourbon Reds don't start laying until April. With lights, maybe earlier.

I do have some young Narrigansetts, did you want males and female? I only have a few from Porters but was thinking of selling them. Send me a PM if you like.

Back
Top Bottom