Looking for Quail eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by barnyard pimp, May 30, 2012.

1. barnyard pimp

barnyard pimp In the Brooder

May 29, 2012
    Virginia
    Hey all! I am looking to give a try at some quail again. I have built a styrofoam incubator and let it run for a few days. Looks like it is staying pretty constant. I am looking for some eggs now and seems a bit overwhelming. Looked on ebay, but I can't seem to get over the feeling that I could get jipped on some none fertile eggs. Any recommendations on where I could get some? I had bobwhites a number of years ago but started with chicks. Looking for some Coturnix. Any info on either breed would be appreciated.

2. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Crowing

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    The choice of breeds is a personal one. Bobs and coturnix are two very different birds... Good Luck, Bill

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
  3. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Songster

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Before you starting getting pm's and getting jipped here I will offer all the bobwhite eggs I have up until sunday free. you just pay the shipping. I will ship on monday. I will toss in whatever cot eggs I have also

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. barnyard pimp

barnyard pimp In the Brooder

May 29, 2012
    Virginia
    I understand that the 2 are different as I had the BW's. I haven't had much luck with any local leads that wouldn't result in a good drive to get. I also don't mind building extra pens. I certainly will keep you posted on either or both breeds.

5. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Crowing

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks

The link to cot eggs got deleted so I'll back Ted up with another 30 butler bob white eggs same deal as his . Between the two of us we can have ya swim'n in bobs with a quickness! Bill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: