Looking for Real Live Experience and Reviews for this Coop

Donnasita

Songster
Nov 17, 2019
Miami, FL
I’ve been eyeing this Flyline Garden Coop on Amazon but I can’t find any reviews. It claims to be predator proof and have steel wire on the bottom. Anyone own this or familiar with this coop?

Attachments

• 7940C4A0-F495-4CD4-B5F3-39EBAC93081D.png
    7940C4A0-F495-4CD4-B5F3-39EBAC93081D.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Looks like a good starter coop. Most prefab coops over-exaggerate the chicken capacities. I did not see the capacity in description, but would think it should handle 4 large chickens OK. Few more if bantams. It is somewhat predator proof against what they stated, but were careful not to include raccoon in description. Reason,,,,, If you do have severe raccoon population in your area, you may have to beef up the latches, and other points of entry. The screen looks to be 1/2 inch hardware cloth. Not sure of the gauge (thickness) of wire.
Coop seems to lack sufficient ventilation, common with soo many prefabs type coops. More ventilation can be added somewhat easily:thumbsup
If you are not able to build your own coop, or have the time, then this should do for the beginning.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

I did not see the capacity in description,
I don't see a description, just a screen shot?
Is it a link, or interactive, if you're on a phone @cavemanrich ?
Oh, maybe you googled?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QQ4MHH2/?tag=backy-20
"LARGE SIZE - Dimension: L85 x W58 x H52 inches, fits 4-6 chickens comfortably"
That 58" probably includes the nest and planter, so coop is less than 4' x 4'.
Bare minimum for 4 birds, IMO.

Have never seen that particular coop, but it's a typical prefab coop...
...they leave much to be desired both in design and material quality.
Most folks who buy prefab coops end up being unhappy with them and end up building larger coops, but keep the prefab as it's good for an isolation coop.
It might work better if you can put it in a large secure run.
Your climate may make a difference in how well it would work too.

Oh, and...Welcome to BYC! @Donnasita
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-11-18_8-10-31.png

Where are you located? If it's cold, a metal floor it not ideal (frozen feet) . I too, started with a CUTE pre-fab coop. I was so stressed out when it got below zero. I had 3 hens at the time so they had room. I wrapped the run with heavy plastic to help keep wind/snow off my girls. My run had a roof. Long story short, I built my own walk-in, insulated coop the very next summer.

Looks like a good starter coop. Most prefab coops over-exaggerate the chicken capacities. I did not see the capacity in description, but would think it should handle 4 large chickens OK. Few more if bantams. It is somewhat predator proof against what they stated, but were careful not to include raccoon in description. Reason,,,,, If you do have severe raccoon population in your area, you may have to beef up the latches, and other points of entry. The screen looks to be 1/2 inch hardware cloth. Not sure of the gauge (thickness) of wire.
Coop seems to lack sufficient ventilation, common with soo many prefabs type coops. More ventilation can be added somewhat easily:thumbsup
If you are not able to build your own coop, or have the time, then this should do for the beginning.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome
Thank you for the helpful information!

I don't see a description, just a screen shot?
Is it a link, or interactive, if you're on a phone @cavemanrich ?
Oh, maybe you googled?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QQ4MHH2/?tag=backy-20
"LARGE SIZE - Dimension: L85 x W58 x H52 inches, fits 4-6 chickens comfortably"
That 58" probably includes the nest and planter, so coop is less than 4' x 4'.
Bare minimum for 4 birds, IMO.

Have never seen that particular coop, but it's a typical prefab coop...
...they leave much to be desired both in design and material quality.
Most folks who buy prefab coops end up being unhappy with them and end up building larger coops, but keep the prefab as it's good for an isolation coop.
It might work better if you can put it in a large secure run.
Your climate may make a difference in how well it would work too.

Oh, and...Welcome to BYC! @Donnasita
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
View attachment 1961479
Thank you for the helpful information! It is the one on Amazon that I’m considering.

Where are you located? If it's cold, a metal floor it not ideal (frozen feet) . I too, started with a CUTE pre-fab coop. I was so stressed out when it got below zero. I had 3 hens at the time so they had room. I wrapped the run with heavy plastic to help keep wind/snow off my girls. My run had a roof. Long story short, I built my own walk-in, insulated coop the very next summer.
I’m in Miami, FL so winter temperatures aren’t a concern. I’m hoping that to find just a starter coop and eventually build our own coop.

I’ve been eyeing this Flyline Garden Coop on Amazon but I can’t find any reviews. It claims to be predator proof and have steel wire on the bottom. Anyone own this or familiar with this coop?

Edited to add. I live in a suburban neighborhood I’m Miami, FL. We have a large property for the area and would like a nice sized coop for 3 Silkies and two Orpingtons (or one Orpington and one Easter Egger). Building our own coop would be difficult at the moment because we don’t have all the tools needed. So the idea is to purchase the best prefabricated coop we can afford and reinforce it and build on a larger run.

if anyone can recommend a “quality” prefabricated coop in the $400 range, it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m in Miami, FL so winter temperatures aren’t a concern. I’m hoping that to find just a starter coop and eventually build our own coop.
Then I'd suggest putting it in a large(10-20sqft per bird) run with a solid roof for shade and rain. Adding ventilation to the coop my be a good thing.

Since you're in a warm climate, a pre-fab would be ok in your situation. Agree with the need for a covered run (protection from rain/sun), chickens are more susceptible to heat than cold (especially Orpingtons). Good Luck:)

Back
Top Bottom